Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Remember When?

Isn't it funny to look back on moments or decisions that seemed incredibly monumental at the time?  Take prom, for example.  The date, the dress, the hair, the makeup, what friends you were going in the limo with those tiny details were so important.  Junior year of high school, one of my besties made sure I had a great date, and I was so excited when I saw balloons and cake on my car after school about a month before the prom (didn't end up eating it ha!).  At my high school, it was a thing to make a big deal out of asking someone to a formal dance.  Even though I didn't know my date very well, it was really sweet that he went the extra mile.  I was, and still am, such a cheeseball!

Everything felt new and exciting, and I wanted to embrace every moment... this was my first prom after all!  Who knew there would be dozens of sorority date parties in college?

Most of my high school pictures are tucked away on a beast of a computer at my parent's house, but my dad sent me this sweet email a couple of years ago:

Beth,

Came across this old e-mail and thought it would bring you a smile.  Hope your week is going well. 


Love,  
Dad


And he included these treasures:



I only did a long dress once.
Best dad ever! Gosh we look so cheesy :)

Babies. All these pictures are from 2006.
Link up here!

10 comments:

  1. Doesn't it seem like 2006 was SO long ago?? My prom was in 2004 and the pictures look positively ancient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I know looking at these made me feel so old ha!

      Delete
  2. It really is so funny to look back and think certain things were such a huge deal. And now all I can think about it college and finances and...hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so my senior prom was in 2006 and holy cow, did this post make me feel old! You looked super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel old looking at these too! Thanks lady!

      Delete
  4. And you are as beautiful now as you were then. Uh, and next formal, short dress and Hunter Boots for me will ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you are so sweet! Hunter boots are a must!!!

      Delete