What really struck home today was the idea of being grateful. An idea that includes listing all the positive things about the people you care about, rather than focusing on the gripes and annoyances. Our instructor suggested taking time to remember the things we are grateful for, especially when we need to lower the adrenaline levels in our bodies and take a few moments to relax. I'm going to use this space to note down the things I am grateful for, a gentle reminder to not let the craziness take hold.
This week I'm grateful for:
- Parents that support me and encourage me.
- Sisters that make me laugh like nothing else.
- A grandma that watches The Bachelor.
- Far away friends that make me just as happy as close-by friends.
- A man that loves me and inspires me to be better.
- Puppies so fluffy that you can't see their eyes.
- Running near the water.
- Early morning coffee dates.
- Shuttle snuggles.
Blurry pic. Perfect night. 2/26/2013.