Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life Force

I wake up every day determined to believe in the power of good in this world and am driven to find joy and happiness in the smallest of moments, so it surprises me when even I can't push all of the less happy thoughts away.  It's natural though, right? Perfection and life can't always compliment each other, and let's face it - perfection doesn't exist.  Everything has a purpose and a plan, and if I don't believe it the first 30 times I remind myself of this, well I'll be darned if I'm not going to remind myself again.  I think it's ok to acknowledge the hurt and anger and sadness that can can envelope a moment or a day or a period of time, but I want to be the person that pushes for moments of triumph and beauty.  Because there is so much good in this world. Here are a few happy things keeping me grounded this week:

- Kind words from my sissy assuring me that it's ok to wonder and have a little doubt in regards to why, but encouraging me to choose love.  Love wins.

- Watching The Bachelorette with my roommate.  Seriously, she is the best.  How did I luck out this much?

- Chilly San Francisco nights.  Sometimes it feels like a refreshing drink of perspective and happiness when I walk through the Marina air.

- Calling my mama right when she's cooking dinner, and listening to her describe exactly what she is making.  Even though it makes me hungry, it makes me feel like I'm home and chatting with her at the dinner table.

- A solid run at the gym, trying to appreciate every pounding step. 

- Holding hands and quiet moments.

- A friend texting me a sweet quote for my quote book.  Because I am a cheesy English major like that.

Via.

4 comments:

  1. I really loved this post!! It was just the reminder I needed because lately I've been letting the negative seep in a lot easier than the positive thoughts.
    But your list made me realize how much I have to be thankful for... how much I have to keep me grounded. It really is the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little things are the best, aren't they? I hope everything's okay with you! Good things are ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete