Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Beach Time!


Shouldn't a little bit of ocean be included in every holiday weekend? Luckily, I got a lot of sunshine and ocean, and got to share it with someone special.  Sometimes change happens over months or years, but I've recently learned that change – and good change at that can happen really quickly.  Life, you are full of surprises, and I'm working to let go of my Type A tendencies and wholeheartedly embrace this opportunity.

Greg hadn't been to Monterey and Carmel before, and I hadn't been since high school, so a quick beach trip made for a perfect end to Memorial Day weekend. It was an absolute blast!  Yummy food, adorable sea creatures, a touch tank at the aquarium (what up sea cucumbers!), fantastic company, wine, sitting on a sandy beach, gorgeous scenery and lots of laughter were some of the highlights of the trip.  If you ever visit a northern California beach, I highly recommend a trip to Monterey and Carmel.

Start of a great trip.
Seahorses at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Loved this guy.
Greg.
The smell of the ocean makes me so happy.
Cutie otter.  I melted!
Cannot wait to share many more miles with this guy.  The beauty of the 17-mile drive in the Carmel area is totally worth the toll fee.
This recent turn of events has added an extra dose of excitement to life! How was everyone else's weekend?

7 comments:

  1. You were in my town! Glad you had fun and that the weather was so perfect for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous pictures! And that outfit with the pink striped shirt is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I've got J Crew to thank for the shirt haha

      Delete
  3. Loving these pics!! Looks like such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me so happy! I agree with the change comment. It´s amazing how nothing feels like its changing inside you day to day then you look back 1 day/month/year and suddenly you feel different. I love you and I love life... happy to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete