Monday, February 13, 2012

Just A Little Note

I have an aunt and uncle who, year after year, never fail to send a card for all occasions you could possibly think of.  It is the sweetest thing ever.  Whether it's for a birthday, Halloween or a new apartment, they magically seem to have my updated address on file.  During college and since I started my new job, it is one of the things that has made me feel at home.

After finding a handy USPS vending machine, I really have no excuse not to send letters and small packages.  'Thank You' letters are my  favorite kind to send, but Valentine's Day is also a perfect occasion to send a sweet note.  I found these adorable cards at Target, and sent them to a few of my favorite Valentine's.

I love these tips from Emily Post.  My favorite part is when she tells letter writers to "include only information you would be happy for others to see."  No matter what kind of letter it is, I always include a personal anecdote and warm wishes.  Valentine's Day cards can be even fuzzier, in my opinion.

The cute cards I picked up at Target.  Simple, sweet and filled with love (and chocolate).


Here are a couple Valentine's I received.

From my fam bam in Fresno.

From my aunt and uncle. And it happens to feature one of my favorite kinds of doggies.


Do you like to send snail mail?

6 comments:

  1. Uh, wait. There are USPS vending machines?! =)

    Keep Shining,
    Meghan
    Shine On

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is life changing! But I've only found one in my lifetime lol... handy for stamps!

      Delete
  2. I love snail mail! I go through phases where I send lots of cards for random occasions, but I haven't done that for awhile. Email is just easier, unfortunately. I do love Emily Post though! I may be the only person out there who regularly reads the Miss Manners column on MSN :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you read that column... I need to check it out!

      Delete
  3. aww yes, cards are so cute :) i only send postcards when i go on vacation somewhere exotic tho :P

    hapatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are so fun too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete