Monday, December 19, 2011

Yeah Baby

This weekend, we celebrated Christmas with my dad's side of the family. Every year, we always get together on a December Saturday prior to December 25th, just to make we get to spend time with one another every holiday season. My sissies and I are the youngest cousins on this side of the fam, so it's such a joy to see our busy, older cousins - jobs and grad school and cross country moves, oh my!

My cousin Jeannie organized some fabulous Christmas-themed games, my aunt made my Grandma's special Jello salad, and we had such a lovely afternoon catching up and laughing over old memories. No matter how often I get to see them, our shared history makes getting together feel like no time at all has passed.

We had to guess which translation of Santa Claus coordinated with which country. This was prior to grading... I only knew I got one right! Made for a ton of laughs though.
Dad was really hard at work. A little friendly competition really got the party started!
Finally reunited with Mags! Her bf Jack even joined us for a few hours. Such a great Saturday :)

I love how our family traditions keep our family together. What special traditions do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment