Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spoiler Alert!

I'm not sure if there is some kind of support group out there in the world for folks like myself, but I cannot cannot cannot watch a show anymore without ready some kind of spoiler alert before the opening credits even begin. I glean any kind of information I can from the internet to have some kind of clue as to what will happen during the course of an episode. I'll read any and all info I can get my hands on to find out who gets their torch snuffed, whose 'Race' has ended, and whose 'journey' is over before I even have a chance to watch the episode. Thank goodness I have the luxury of living in the PST, because those good-hearted East coasters give me just what I want. It's even started to creep into the scripted shows I watch (you know, like CSI, where the case is almost always solved in the end). Maybe it has to do with the fact that I dont watch live TV anymore (but really, I rarely watched live TV in college), or maybe my heart just cant stand the anticipation. I will know who wins American Idol tomorrow as soon as I can find that info on the internet, I will know who wins this season of The Bachelorette if Reality Steve can help a girl out, and I will not care that I'm am unabashedly addicted to spoilers, plot reveals, and even Tweets that get sent out by reckless extras. I may or may not have spent my down time today scouring the internet for the deets on the final Oprah show airing tomorrow.



Does anyone else watch TV the same way I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment