Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Not only was this weekend Mother's Day, but it was also the first time I hosted a party at my apartment in MV! My family arrived Saturday for a late dinner, and we walked into downtown afterward to check out the most amazing bookstore. Open til midnight on Saturday and filled with thousands of used treasures. On Sunday, we had to make a quick stop at the local Farmer's Market. My uncle drove my Nan to Mountain View for our Mother's Day luncheon, and I was so excited to show them my little apartment and where I work. It was a short visit, but super sweet. And family functions mean lots of cooking. I tried Pie Pops this weekend, and they were surprisingly easy.



I definitely learned a lot throwing my first party this weekend. I bought so much food, and realized that less is more. I sent everyone away with goodies. I kept everything simple with the glass and white serving trays, but added pops of color with the polka dot napkins and matching bowls. And flowers make an amazing decoration! I bought spider mums, and we picked up Gerbera daisies at the Farmer's Market. Of course, family and laughter are really the only party ingredients you cannot be without.

I am so lucky to have such amazing moms in my life! My mom, my Nan, and my Grandma watching me from Heaven. What a great day to remind me of all the incredible women that inspire me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment