Monday, January 23, 2012

From One Party to the Next

This weekend, I was lucky enough to head home to Fresno for not one, but two, family parties.  Saturday morning we celebrated my baby sister's confirmation.  I love love love family parties where both my mom and my dad's side of the family come together.   And since both of my parents were raised Catholic, it was really special morning celebrating my (growing up waaaay too fast) sissy.  Between birthdays, sacraments and other holidays, there is so much to celebrate in our big family!

Babygirl and I both wore black dresses, black nylons and black heels.  Great minds think alike?  At least hers was Ralph Lauren and mine was H&M.   She chose me to be her sponsor, and I was so touched to be part of her big day!
My mom, Nan (front), our dear friend Claire (back) and my sis.
My beautiful cousin Ally and my cousin--in-law Katie.
Our favorite first grader had a basketball game during Mass/confirmation, so here we are watching him play on his Dad's iPhone.  Isn't technology amazing?
My "Uncle" Mikey, a dear friend of my parents'  from college.  Friends that become family are priceless.
Gorgeous sissy and a friend.   

My other sister took BART and Caltrain and then carpooled with me to make it back to Fresno.  Obsessed!

 Linking up with Life Made Lovely.  Check back for details about party #2 tomorrow :)

2 comments: