Sunday, July 31, 2011

And In That Moment, I Swear We Were Infinite...

This weekend was full of shenanigans as I enjoyed a bittersweet weekend with the lovely Nicoley. She's leaving to teach English in Spain for ten months, and I cannot even wrap my head around how long that actually is. Girlfriend was my lifeline during finals craziness, my partner in crime any night of the week, and one of the most genuine people I have ever met. She drove nearly 20 hours round trip with her mama and sister just to enjoy one last magical night before she embarks on her grand EspaƱa adventure. It seems like we nearly touched every corner of SF — riding the "RocketBoat" at Pier 39, dining and drinking at Fisherman's Wharf, playing in the Castro and the Tenderloin, and shopping and people watching in Haight-Ashbury.

The RocketBoat at Pier 39. No words, just water, water everywhere! We couldn't stop laughing nearly the entire ride.



Chillin' on the RocketBoat in McCovey Cove. A dream come true!



Irish coffee at the Buena Vista. Nicoley's mom loved it, while we had the reaction of any newb to this treat.



Our trip to the Haight included a performance from an Avett Brothers-esque performance in a random doorway.



Everyone needs a friend that will partake in cheesy tourist activities with you, try PBR with you just because, and run through sketchy streets at 3 a.m. because you both didn't realize you were in the, well, sketchy part of town. It's not goodbye, it's until next time!

Really great people make you feel that you, too, can be great.
-Mark Twain

PS: If you can identify the title of my post without Googling it, I heart you.

No comments:

Post a Comment