Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Sis!

My baby sister turns 17 today.  By the time I get done with work today and make it back to the city, Brigi and my family will be here to celebrate.  It's going to be a magical weekend in honor of the little girl (ok, young lady now!) that made our family complete.

I love thinking about the night that my baby sister was born.  Maggie and I were worried that she'd be born on the fourth of July, and that we'd have to miss the fireworks.  Six year olds have different priorities, clearly.  But we were so excited to have another sister.  Someone else to play dolls with, share clothes with, tell secrets to.  There was a void in our family that she instantly filled.  I was so blessed to have one sister, but two?  We'll still be holding hands, gossiping, and rescuing tiny kittens when we're old ladies.  She keeps our family laughing constantly, and I cannot even count the number of times tears have rolled down my cheeks from one of her jokes or shenanigans.  Her heart is so big, and she makes me want to be a better, kinder person every day.  I am so lucky to have you baby sis.

Circa 1995.  Baby Brigi in the bow.  Matching outfits for all.
Our little papoose.
2010.
I love you Brigid!

No comments:

Post a Comment