Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Cookie Adventure

Tuesday night after work, I had a craving to bake... and I realized I was out of eggs.  I may keep very little food in my apartment, but eggs are a must!  I made a quick dash to the store a short walk from my apartment, only to find that the power was mysteriously out.  Luckily, they were still letting folks shop (and the credit card swipers were still working), and even more luckily, it turned into a weird and wonderful experience shared with strangers.  Imagine everyone bumbling around a dark store giggling like little girls because this felt so random and hilarious.  Seriously, I think I had a moment with everyone I encountered while experiencing something that seemed almost apocalyptic.

I decided I wanted to make Funfetti cookies, and a kind store employee helped me find the appropriate cake box with his flashlight.  To top it all off, I was thanked for shopping during a blackout upon my exit.  Which made me giggle more, because I started to picture all of us bumbling around the store because we were drunk, not because it was dark.

Funfetti cookies are fun to make because they are easy, taste delicious and contain sprinkles.  A tasty treat I highly recommend.

Top to bottom: Dark grocery store, can you spot the sprinkles?, almost done, and DONE!

Have you ever had a "moment" with a complete stranger? Do share!

2 comments:

  1. Probably one of the most interesting shopping trips you will ever have!
    Glad you got your cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool!! And those cookies look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete