Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Remember When

Today I had lunch with two of my favorite senior citizens. I'm lucky enough that my "family" includes several family friends that are, well, pretty much family. My Auntie Claire has been a friend of the family since my dad was born, and her bff Ruth lives two houses down the street from her. My favorite thing about hanging out with these two ladies is how we can jump from talking about Charlie Sheen's latest antics to Claire's pre-WW2 childhood in about two seconds flat like it's no. big. deal. The decades that separate us in age absolutely disappear, and I'm pretty much counting the days until they can visit my little apartment. Next week I might go to Sonoma to see my Nan, and then my week will really be complete. I thought this Post Secret was perfectly appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment