Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

Everything about Valentine's Day was so special.  I loved Valentine's as a single gal, don't get me wrong.  I had a blast going out with friends and swapping presents with my family.  I hear the arguments about how Valentine's is manufactured and commercial, but I think it's fun to have a day to celebrate love.

This was the first year I had a really magical Valentine's Day.  Stop reading now if the cheesiness is too much ;)  Boyfriend sent flowers to my desk (a secret dream come true) and took me out for an amazing night.  And you bet I made sure he felt special too.

I think my favorite part though were these little candy grams he had sent to me too.  When I picked them up in the lobby, all the comments almost made me want to shrivel into the floor and die.  Except they ended up being so adorable that I had to forgive him!  Instead of silly notes, each lollipop had one of our favorite song lyrics... or maybe my favorites that I've made boyfriend love too.

I used to pretend to be such a cynic about all this business, but I think I'm ready to embrace it 110%.  Family and friends, watch out!



No comments:

Post a Comment