Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hustle and Bustle

I have depended on my car for years and years, living in suburban Fresno and sprawling Los Angeles until about a year ago.  I was lucky enough to take a car to college my third year, and it opened up huge doors for work opportunities and made it convenient to explore even more of L.A.  Living in the South Bay the last year, it made it easy to get to my job and drive my fam around when they visited.  I really did love the freedom that came with having my own trusty vehicle. 

But I am so excited to stop depending on my car while I live in San Francisco.  I won't need it to get to work and I won't use it to do errands in the city; public transportation just makes more sense here.  I want to learn how to use the bus and take BART to visit my sissy.  It feels a little bit like I am giving up a security blanket of sorts, but I think I will end up gaining a fuller experience of the city. And the car will be here for the occasional trip or necessary errand.

Quick snap while walking to my apartment.
Via.
 Via.
A little adventure goes a long way!

12 comments:

  1. Look at you!!! Totally unplugging too!!!
    I would give anything to not be dependent of my car... Stupid sprawling city! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some cities make it necessary to have a car... SF is def a change from LA!

      Delete
  2. I'm jelly. I'd love to live in a big city and walk and take public transit. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could use the public transportation. Georgia, well where I live anyways, doesn't exactly send a bus 10 miles outside of the actual city. Actually, we don't even have a bus that offers public transit in our town....clearly we are behind the times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some cities just don't mix well with public transportation. LA was definitely like that! Maybe your town is just waiting for something cooler than buses :)

      Delete
  4. Trying something new is always fun! Plus there are a LOT of interesting people on the bus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a hoot that is for sure! I hope to meet lots of random, interesting folks :)

      Delete
  5. It's so so nice not to have to rely on a car... sometimes it's definitely nice to have it though for target trips and trips to marin. but that's what zip car is for. What neighborhood are you living in??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already feels like a nice change from suburbia and LA even :) I'm in the Marina! Any restaurant suggestions? We've done tacolicious and tipsy pig on chestnut!

      Delete
    2. Did you have the strawberry fields at Tipsy? Ok where do I start. haha. Ok look at the San Francisco button on my page... Ones that come to find and that I'm missing tons...Delarosa, The Grove, Blue Barn, Plutos, Sandwhich Spot!! Squat and Gobble (they have a nice patio in the back that not many people know of). Roam on Union,
      Nickys Cripsy Tacos on Tuesdays on Polk, Polkers,
      Tons of sushi places but can't think of the one on Chestnut. It's next to Pottery Barn and kitty corner to Blue Barn. They have good Happy Hour.
      Bars: Monoghans, Campus, Tipsy, Bullit, Tonic, Mauna Loa, Bus Stop, KT's,

      Ok this is making me miss SF A LOT!

      Delete
    3. Thank you thank you! I think half of my bucket list comes from your recommendations haha :) I am going to be eating my way through SF, that is for sure!!! If I ever make it to Spain, I will be hitting you up for suggestions there. SF will be waiting whenever you get back!

      Delete