Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Anything Can Happen

This last year of independent living has made me feel pretty self-confident and given me some awesome lessons in self-motivation.  I am a passionate believer in the power of positive thinking and try to live with a healthy dose of optimism, but for moments when I need a little extra kick, I know the person I can count on the most is my mama.

Last night, we were texting about my weekend plans, and it somehow led to her sending me an essay of a text that included suggestions on volunteering in San Francisco and how I should not rule out running for mayor of SF down the line.  See what I mean?  I tend to get so focused on work and bills and soaking in every single moment of my life (being present in the present), but a healthy dose of perspective and forward-looking thought can never hurt a gal. 

Via.
Via.
Via.

PS: I have no political ambitions.  Big dreams, yes, but not of the political variety.  Just her way of reminding me to think big.

PPS
: Who is your go-to life cheerleader?  Isn't it fun to cheer your friends and family on too?

12 comments:

  1. My mom does this for me too. I love her to death and she helps me see my potential in anyway that she can, most recently by offering to sign me up for a social league that plays softball, me being recently single, she thinks I should go out and extend my friend circle (and maybe boyfriend potential circle!?) Haha, but anyway, we are very, VERY lucky girls to have those people who remind us that there is something amazing up ahead!

    -V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your mom already! It is so great to have someone like that to keep encouraging you to try new things and have fun. You are so right - we are very lucky indeed :)

      Delete
  2. My mom is the same way with me and it's so awesome! She always tells me to dream big and never settle! It's so great to know I always have her support through everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad we have mamas like that. Honestly don't know what I would do sometimes without her!

      Delete
  3. The only way we can succeed is if we have a whole team of people including family and friends. If they love you then they will always encourage and be a team player. If you return the cheer then you have won!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! There really is nothing like having a network of support and love!!!

      Delete
  4. you have a good mama there girlie!! I think you can do anything you want too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I think the bloggers I read are awesome cheerleaders too :)

      Delete
  5. This is so true! Never settle. You can do whatever your heart desires. It always helps having a good mom and cheerleader! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I love meeting other gals that feel the same way :)

      Delete
  6. Such a great reminder! My mom is definitely one of my biggest life cheerleaders, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so lucky! There really is nothing like having someone like that in your corner :)

      Delete