Monday, August 15, 2011

Merin-gutan

When I was home two weeks ago, I snagged a fabulous meringue recipe I've been so excited to try. I finally managed to pick up the oh so extravagant ingredients of eggs and sugar (seriously folks, my fridge/cupboards are that empty), and got to work! Other than the fact that I got an arm workout beating my eggs by hand, it was an easy peasy recipe. Next time, I am for sure throwing in a few chocolate chips or something! I highly recommend cooking the babies on paper towels (as scary as that might sound). And it isn't a wives' tale that you should leave your meringues in the oven until they completely cool...it definitely helps them set.





RECIPE

2 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until stiff.
3. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add any extra ingredients like chocolate chips!
5. Put 2 layer of paper towels on a cookie sheet.
6. Drop meringue by tablespoon-fulls onto the paper towels.
7. Bake approx 15 min.
8. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment