Friday, April 4, 2014

Sláinte!

To health? Or something like that?

I've never tried as hard to get in tune with my body and my well-being than I am in my 25th year of life. In high school and even college, I rarely got sick. I remember having the flu my senior year of high school and making sure I still attended my A.P. classes (yeah, "leadership" was my get home and nap for an hour time). I got sick once in college and still rallied after recuperating over winter break. I'm not bragging or anything, but I simply never had to worry about the state of the physical 'me.'

After three years of intense work, little sleep and less time to devote to healthy eating and gym time, I began to "worry" about my physical self. No, I didn't sit around and wonder what was plaguing me like a hypochondriac; rather, I could simply see how my lifestyle had taken a toll. What I ate impacted my productivity. Soda gave me a boost, and then instantly led me to nap city. I started to see the lack of sleep take a toll on my skin.

I'm grateful for fantastic insurance, doctors that take "stress" seriously, and a supportive significant other. But at the end of the day, the only one that can take care of me is, well, me. Hitting the gym after a stressful day is becoming normal. Rewarding myself with coconut water or one of those expensive juices (yes, stupid but I love them) is better than a cupcake. I refocus myself whenever I find free time, even if it's a few minutes.

Moral of the story: You do you. Don't let your boss or your mother or anyone for that matter take away the most important thing in your life. Your health is irreplaceable, and no matter how unhealthy you think you are, there is hope. Message me to go to spin class with you. We may be the slowest in the class, but at least we'll be there ;)

I may have claimed the ridiculous amount of vitamins I bought today were for my grandma (source). #noshame

4 comments:

  1. Thank You for the information.

    WerKIITians is a site for all KIIT University students. All students of KIIT university are welcome to join here.
    It’s a site to share - your thoughts, day to day activities in KIIT and anything regarding KIIT University.
    WerKIITians is not just a social networking site for KIIT students, but it’s about Job postings in KIIT,
    KIIT Alumni Association, KIIT University Talks, Forums for KIIT, Techno Fest, KIIT Events and anything you want
    to share about KIIT.
    werKIITians

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and i must be thankful of sharing it.Any body looking for tech support services from legal source and please do not share any confidential detail to anybody.
    A Best hub for Technical Assistance provider in USA

    ReplyDelete