Sunday, January 12, 2014

I Believe

One of my biggest faults is being too type A for my own good. I can't count the number of arguments I've gotten into with my parents, siblings and significant other because a situation or event didn't work out as perfectly as I expected. This whole learning to let go thing is something I am continually working on, and managing these stressed out, controlling feelings is a big step in helping and healing current relationships with my dearests.

Confession: over. Where is this post going? My boyfriend and I had tickets to see Book of Mormon this weekend. We've been looking forward to this magical Saturday for months. We were told that we had tickets to a "VIP lounge" at 11am, and arrived at 12ish, only to be told that doors didn't open until 1:15. It was cold, rainy and I was sooooo looking forward to a snack and a cocktail. This was the perfect opportunity to freak out at a lack of unwarranted perfection.

I'm proud to say that I fought those feelings and made an equally good, if not better, memory with my boyfriend. We checked out a fancy hotel. We grabbed a drink at a semi-sketchy diner. We managed the hour of free time wonderfully. And absolutely nothing was lost when we finally went into the Orpheum - it was just as beautiful and theatre-y as I expected.

Badgley Mischka's and a pint of beer? Imperfect perfection.

PS: I Believe (a song from the show) has been stuck in my head for two days straight now :)

1 comment: