Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Magic

I love holidays for a number of reasons, but uninterrupted time with my very favorite people is probably the #1 reason I love to celebrate anything and everything.  Easter weekend was no exception.  I saw everyone on my Fresno must-see list, which rarely happens these days.  I spent every single night catching up and being silly with my sisters.  I hung out with my doggies and kitty cats.  I felt peace in my heart on Easter Sunday.  I ate an enormous amount of delicious food, and was grateful for wonderful cooks with every bite.  My mom, baby sister and I spent a day in San Luis Obispo for sissy's softball tournament, and mama and I soaked up the sun and went shopping afterwards.  I've gotten really good at this whole being a grown-up thing since college, but I may have teared up a bit saying good-bye today.  I am so thankful for the four fantastic days I got to spend catching up, laying low and sharing lots of love. 


Clockwise from the kitty in the upper left hand corner: Our sweet Pookie, who provides us with countless hours of entertainment; my dad's adorable garden in our front yard; lunch date with my mom and some friends; ducky Easter basket, Jelly Bird Nests, and a strawberry pie (yum!); box of old home movies that we watched this weekend; early birthday celebration for me; opening presents that included lovely clothes, an emergency kit and all of my sorority composites framed (so grateful); hitting the road; watching softball; teeny (almost invisible) lizard; fro yo from my favorite place in SLO; Mission San Luis Obispo; eating at a SLO institution, F. McLintock's; scary bear watching us at dinner.

Easter, and anytime I am with my family, always makes me think of these song lyrics: 
You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.  

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. What a perfect Easter!! It sounds like you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Always nice to get away for a little bit!

      Delete
  2. You are giving me Easter envy lol. Your Easter looked so much fun!!!! I nominated you for an award today, by the way :)

    -V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holiday threw me off I'm a little behind! Thank you so much lady!!!!!

      Delete
  3. how cute is your pink belt. ha ha. i love belts, so i always notice them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha love it! I love belts too - this one is J Crew :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song!!!

    Sounds like such a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete